Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to School

So today officially marks the start of a new school year. Even though I have been out of school for a while, and Baby J is a long way off from starting school, I can't help but feel that little pit in my stomach this morning. The air just changes, school buses fill the streets, and there are no more kids riding bikes up and down the street in the middle of the day.
I remember that first day- that plastic-y smell of new pencil cases and lunchboxes, the too-tight feeling of my new saddle shoes that I was convinced would last all year, the panic of bfriends oieing on a schedule again and having to get out the door on time. And once I got back and saw all of my friends in my homeroom, I knew it would all be okay. By lunch, we were back in the swing and ready for a new school year.
My friend Kirah over at Copa de Cava nailed it perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment